Daily Wisdom

December 23, 2008

Blago: Carter Burke Reprise


Rod Blagojevich -- Paul Reiser

While watching Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's recent news conference, I thought that he reminded me of somebody, but at first I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it occurred to me -- Paul Reiser in his role as Carter Burke in the movie "Aliens". Burke was the "company man" who was only interested in his own enrichment, even to the point of sabotaging the mission, getting Newt and Ripley "impregnated" by the aliens, and killing the rest of the crew -- all so he could make a buck. When he gets caught, the following memorable scene takes place...

Ripley: He figured that he could get an alien back through quarantine, if one of us was... impregnated... whatever you call it, and then frozen for the trip home. Nobody would know about the embryos we were carrying... me and Newt.
Hicks: Wait a minute, now... we'd all know.
Ripley: Yes. The only way he could do it is if he sabotaged certain freezers on the way home... namely, yours. Then he could jettison the bodies and make up any story he liked.
Hudson: F---. He's dead. You're dog-meat, pal!
Burke: This is so nuts. I mean, listen - listen to what you're saying. It's paranoid delusion. How - It's really sad. It's pathetic.

And that's basically what Blagojevich is saying. "What are you talking about? I'm innocent. I didn't do anything wrong..." All along, you know that this guy is guilty as sin. And he's got the gall to lie through his teeth. Tell me if you don't see the comparison...



2 Comments:

At 12/25/2008 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, here we go again...
"But I am not a crook."
nicky j.

 
At 12/26/2008 10:37 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Angus (Nicky),
You know how you can tell Blago is not a crook? They didn't find $90,000 in his freezer... yet.

(:D) Best regards...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home