Daily Wisdom

May 12, 2007

Off On Vacation

Everyone needs a break now and then, so Mrs. Hawkeye and I will be off on vacation for awhile celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We will be in Hawaii, away from the telephones, the bosses, the paperwork, the politics, the chores of everyday life... and yes, even the computers, the blogs, and the trolls. If we don't come back, it will probably be because we liked it so much!



If you saw Camojack's latest blog posting HERE, then you will understand what I mean when I say that I hope not to be one of those "tourons" he refers to. (It sounds like a cross between a tourist and a moron.) I will be a tourist however... and not a "reluctant" tourist at that. It's been over a year since our last "real" vacation, and we lost two days of that one due to a sudden snowstorm. Your prayers for a safe trip are most greatly appreciated. God-willing, I will be back online near the end of May. Best regards to all my friends out there...

Hawkeye®

5 Comments:

At 5/12/2007 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourself! Sounds like a fantastic vacation in store!

 
At 5/13/2007 3:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Touron" is a cross between tourist and a moron...I didn't make that up myself, either:
Word Spy
Urban Dictionary
Touron Stories

 
At 5/13/2007 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh, go ahead. But why did you make us feel so neglected. Oh well, someone has to keep order here in the dirty old factory town

 
At 5/13/2007 4:17 PM , Blogger Beerme said...

Have fun you two! And I guess a touron is somewhat beneath a haolie in the Hawaiian caste system, so feel proud, touron, feel proud!

 
At 5/17/2007 11:02 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

Finally able to comment.Whew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home