Daily Wisdom

December 29, 2006

Thanks To A Vet

It was with great pleasure today that I met a returning vet. George is an employee of a company that provides services to my own company. He is a great young fella who treated me with the utmost respect.

During our conversation I learned that he has just returned home from serving in Kuwait and Iraq. He operated a truck-mounted turret gun while in Iraq. It sounds like he or others in his unit might have run into an IED or two based on his comment that, "We were gettin' blown up over there".

He's happy to be home again with his young family and is looking to get a good start in life. Naturally, I thanked him for his service and wished him well. Unfortunately, our conversation ended all too quickly as he had to leave for his next account. Perhaps I will meet with him again in the weeks ahead.

3 Comments:

At 1/01/2007 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this post the first day it was put up, and glanced at it numerous times since, with one thought in mind. If, and when, you meet this young man again, please give him a great big "Thank You!" from the Kajuns.

 
At 1/01/2007 12:47 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Roger that. Will do!

(:D) Regards...

 
At 1/04/2007 10:38 AM , Blogger camojack said...

We veterans have to stick together...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home