Daily Wisdom

February 10, 2006

Going To London


Hawkeye, Hawkeye, where have you been?
I've been to London to visit the Queen.
Hawkeye, Hawkeye, what did you there?
I frightened a little lib under her chair.

Well, I was so excited by my invitation from the BBC, that I decided I'll just jump on a plane and go to London for a visit!! ...Nah!! ...Just kidding. In reality, I've had the trip planned for months. But, I must admit, I thought it was quite a coincidence that I got that invite from the BBC just two days before I was scheduled to board a plane for London. Oh well, life is full of such interesting little tidbits, eh?

Anyway, I'll be gone for a week. Off to see great shows, museums, places of interest, the Underground, terrific pubs, some fun and adventure. Last time we were in London (2002) we bumped into David Gregory at the Churchill Hotel. David is MSNBC's White House correspondent who was covering Dick Cheney's trip to meet with Tony Blair.

Don't know what might happen this time, but who knows? I will report back in a week or so on the findings of my "junket". Your prayers for a safe trip would be truly appreciated. Pray that my wings don't give out as I flap over the Atlantic... heh, heh. And thanks for "Viewing".

4 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 5:43 AM , Blogger camojack said...

I was planning on hiking for a week on the Applalachian Trail for my next vacation, in late March and/or early April...but I injured my knee whilst skiing the other day, so I'll have to figure on doing something else.

ON topic; the closest I've ever been to London was a layover at Heathrow. Have fun!

 
At 2/11/2006 8:45 AM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

I was only in London one day on my trip to England/Wales in 1989, so all I got was a whirlwind tour: doubledecker bus tour, Big Ben, Westminster Abby and Picadilly Square was about all I saw. We were staying in Oxford and took a bus to London and back the same day. The round trip bus ride was cheaper than the cab from the bus station to the Embassy (my ex needed a visa)!

Take lots of $$$$.

Be safe, be proud to be an American, and have a GREAT time!

camojack,

Ouch! How bad's the knee? Prayers going up for you and Hawkeye both...

 
At 2/11/2006 10:16 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
Thanks. And take care of that knee.

OLA,
I agree, and the shows are great. Will do.

Marge,
I am proud to be an American, and thanks for your prayers... they're worth more than gold.

 
At 2/11/2006 12:40 PM , Blogger camojack said...

MargeinMI:
Thanks; I've got an appointment on Monday to assess the damage.

Hawkeye®:
Will do. If your wings get tired over the Atlantic, just coast awhile...ride the thermals.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home