Daily Wisdom

October 20, 2005

Scrapple Hungry: New Blog

DOWNTOWN, NJ -- In response to the overwhelming sense of malaise felt by the fans of Scott Ott who has shut down his Comments Section at the ScrappleFace site, I have set up a new blog called "Scrapple Hungry" at the following address: http://scrapplehungry.blogeasy.com/

When asked in an E-mail if this would be a permanent situation, Scott Ott was quoted as saying, "temporarily permanent, indefinitely". Before long, the ScrappleFace community, sometimes called "Scrappledom", began visiting some of the various spin-off blogs such as "View From Above", "United Possums International", "KajunNews" and "Libby Gone™", etc. in an effort to find an alternative place to comment, vent and chat.

Unfortunately, most of these spin-off blogs are not as user-friendly as ScrappleFace when it comes to posting comments. In an effort to somewhat duplicate the atmosphere and comment-posting style of ScrappleFace, I searched the web for a free blog site that might work. BlogEasy.com was the best that I could come up with on short notice. I will continue to scour the recesses of World Wide Web for something better. Until then, or until Scott turns the Comments back on.... those of the ScrappleFace family who are hungry to comment should consider a visit to
Scrapple Hungry.

Best regards,
Hawkeye®


UPDATE: It was brought to the editor's attention that certain spin-off blogs were not included in this article. While the list was never intended to be all-inclusive, we will herewith the provide the names of additional spin-off blogs to which "Scrappledom" began visiting. Please add, "Uncommonly Sensible" and "Beer and firkins" to your list. Thank you, that is all.

16 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 1:34 PM , Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Hawkeye,
We will get by. You have to remember people of like minds are much more in touch due to the net than we were as little as 15 years ago! I heard once that to contact someone people used to have to make markings on flat material, fold it, hide it a container made out of the same material, apply markings and a colorful sticker on one side, put it in a metal box and wait. What was up with that?

 
At 10/20/2005 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Hawkeye for 'Scrappleface Hungry'.Off now to check it out.

 
At 10/20/2005 2:56 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Libby Gone™,
Yeah, I think I heard something about that... hieroglyphics on papyrus or something? ...How ancient!

Kajun,
Didn't they call that the "dog and pony show" or sumptin?

Maggie,
My pleasure... enjoy!

 
At 10/21/2005 7:18 AM , Blogger camojack said...

So...now that Scrapple 2.0 is up and running, will you leave "Scrapple Hungry" in place?

 
At 10/21/2005 4:09 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
I don't know. I guess I'll post a few more articles and see if people keep coming. If not, adios amigo! BTW, if you would like to be a contributing author at "Scrapple Hungry", let me know. We could make it a community blog.

Regards,
Hawkeye®

 
At 10/22/2005 3:48 AM , Blogger camojack said...

A contributing author? Hmmm...

 
At 10/22/2005 1:40 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
Go for it!

Hawkeye®

 
At 10/22/2005 4:59 PM , Blogger camojack said...

Well...you've got my @ddress; I imagine you'd have to impart some arcane and esoteric incantations to me first.
(Y'know, passwords an' such...)

 
At 10/24/2005 6:57 AM , Blogger camojack said...

"...the ScrappleFace community, sometimes called "Scrappledom", began visiting some of the various spin-off blogs such as "View From Above", "United Possums International", "KajunNews" and "Libby Gone™", etc.

I just realized, you're "dissing" ME!!!

 
At 10/24/2005 12:41 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Sorry Camo,

I have now posted an update to the article.

Hawkeye®

 
At 10/25/2005 5:14 AM , Blogger camojack said...

Kajun:
I never said there was a "camojack" blog.

Hawkeye®:
Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, I was "FIRST!"...

 
At 10/25/2005 12:52 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
You don't look anything like Bill Frist.

Kajun,
Hmmmmm... Could be! Probably Key West with my luck.

 
At 10/25/2005 8:33 PM , Blogger Beerme said...

camo,
I guess that makes me eleventeenth!

 
At 10/30/2005 8:27 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
I hope you said something very profound?

Hawkeye®

 
At 1/03/2010 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 1/03/2010 3:18 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Anonymous,
THANK YOU! Will do my best.

(:D) Best regards...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home