Daily Wisdom

September 05, 2005

Fond Memories of New Orleans


NEW ORLEANS, LA -- Having witnessed the devastation to New Orleans on TV over the last week, it brought up pleasant memories of our last trip to the "Big Easy". It was shortly after September 11, 2001 when many tourists cancelled their trips fearing to travel. As a result, we were treated like royalty. We have especially fond memories of the Napoleon House, various Jazz players, Jackson Square and the mimes. We also had fun across the river. Our prayers go out to those who lost so much. Our hope is that the city will come back. By the way, that cute lady in the pictures is Mrs. Hawkeye®.

3 Comments:

At 9/05/2005 4:57 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
I know what you mean... I'm looking for another picture, but I can't find one that doesn't make me throw up.

Regards,
Hawkeye®

 
At 9/06/2005 7:49 AM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

Mrs. Hawkeye is lovely!

I know what you mean about the picture thing. I think I have two (since adulthood) that are decent. Ugh.

 
At 9/06/2005 10:06 AM , Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Great work as always, Hawkeye.
I considered putting Mrs. Gones pic on a blog, but I couldn't handle the new found credibility.
You are a lucky man! (so am I!).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home