Daily Wisdom

September 06, 2005

Congress Looking For Idiots

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Congressional leaders today via secret channels contacted Hawkeye® at "View From Above" in an effort to find some idiots to staff top positions in the Bush administration. The contact was made in response to an Associated Press story by Doug Simpson.

According to the article, Aaron Broussard, president of Louisiana's Jefferson Parish, said on CBS' "The Early Show", that... "Bureaucracy has murdered people in the greater New Orleans area. And bureaucracy needs to stand trial before Congress today." Brousssard then continued, "So I'm asking Congress, please investigate this now. Take whatever idiot they have at the top of whatever agency and give me a better idiot. Give me a caring idiot. Give me a sensitive idiot. Just don't give me the same idiot."

It's well known in the blogging community that Hawkeye® has been assembling a list of Looney Liberal Idiots at his blog "The View From Above". Once word got out, Congress knew just where to go for an extensive list of high-ranking idiots. "These are the most qualified idiots I've ever seen", said one Congressman who wished to remain anonymous. "We should be able to make Aaron Broussard a very happy man".

6 Comments:

At 9/06/2005 6:48 PM , Blogger Beerme said...

Hey, I need an idiot to test my homebrew "mistakes"! Can you help?

But seriously, it's the nature of the bureaucracy that makes it a problem. Centralized planning and multiple levels of leadership, top-down management, etc. It will make idiots of anybody!

 
At 9/06/2005 8:01 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Beerme.
Sure! I can help! I love homebrew with "my steaks".... and, I've been called an idiot at least once or twice in my life. Do I qualify? Where do I sign up?

 
At 9/06/2005 8:04 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
Yeah, I know what you mean... I looked in one of those congressional mirrors once, and there he was... a real idiotic lookin' kinda guy. But I don't think he was "rich".

 
At 9/07/2005 5:08 AM , Blogger camojack said...

I've got just the guy for you...he posts on my blog as mk77.

Only problem is, he's not a U.S. citizen...

 
At 9/07/2005 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beerme:
You wouldn't make "mistakes" if you stopped relying on a beer-ocracy.

 
At 9/07/2005 9:40 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

onlineanalyst,
Yeah... I heard about that gubmint "beer-ocracy". Sounds bad, real bad. I guess it comes from the beer makin' those gubmint officials slow down and stop workin' so hard, eh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home