Daily Wisdom

July 21, 2005

Boycott Google!

GOOGLE.COM, Cyberland -- Google has done it again. First they trashed me with their stupid AdSense program by attaching Liberal, Left-Wing, Anti-Bush ads, and Anti-Bush links to my CONSERVATIVE blogsite... so much for "Google AdSense" (maybe, "Google Nonsense"?).

Then, they outright rejected ads for a conservative book critical of Bill and Hillary Clinton, while they had no problems with ads for books critical of George W. Bush.

Now, they are rejecting ads for a Christian-based organization. Click here for more details. Please also note that at the end of the linked article, there are links to previous articles citing Google's apparent anti-Christian bias.

Well, if you haven't noticed, I have removed any trace of Google from my blogsite (that I could find). If you find anything remaining, please be sure to let me know. WHY???? Because I have started my own boycott against the behemoth GOOGLE! I am David against the Goliath named GOOGLE! Boycotts start small, but can end BIG. Please join me in my crusade against the Google Goliath. There are plenty of other search engines out there. I wouldn't give Google the time of day.

10 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 1:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Michelle Malkin wrote some time ago that Google won't reference her site as a "news" source, but Google accesses democratic underground and a lot of lefty opinion sites.

Even the sequencing of sites that come up in a search emphasize negative articles against the current admininstration and its policies.

I use www.askjeeves.com if I am looking for information.

 
At 7/22/2005 2:28 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
Thanks. I will repay you the favor by removing the Amazon ads from my blog site.

 
At 7/22/2005 2:39 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

onlineanalyst,
You know, it's kinda fun when a couple of geeky guys do something really great like create the world's best search engine. And if those 2 guys make millions of dollars doin' it... then more power to 'em. I don't begrudge 'em that.

But when they start playing politics, and start using what should be a politically neutral tool to push a Liberal, Left-wing agenda (in the tradition of say C-BS, or ABC, or NBC, or CNBC, or MSNBC, or CNN, or WaPo)... well, that just really ticks me off, if ya know what I mean.

Regards (:D)

 
At 7/22/2005 5:36 PM , Blogger camojack said...

Does "Yahoo!" still use Google for their search engine? I know they did previously, but I'm not so sure they do anymore. I've used "Yahoo!" as my search engine for years...

 
At 7/22/2005 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

boycott.....who?

 
At 7/23/2005 1:01 AM , Blogger camojack said...

Kajun:
Hey! I invented the girlcott, y'know...Al Gore ain't got nuttin' on me.

I'm glad to know "Yahoo!" doesn't use Google, though...

 
At 7/23/2005 11:36 AM , Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

I was seriously considering using the Google ad thingy, but I won't now. I also noticed that I have to scroll the results from a google search to find something I might really want to reference (get past DU and moveon.org).

 
At 7/24/2005 9:27 AM , Blogger SactoDan said...

I think Google owns Blogger, host of this blog, and mine as well. Might be time to visit Typepad.

 
At 7/24/2005 11:41 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

SactoDan,
Drats! I think you're right. I noticed a copyright for Google at the bottom of the sign-in page. I guess I'll think about setting up shop somewhere else... Drats! And double-Drats!

 
At 7/26/2005 2:13 AM , Blogger Free Agency Rules said...

I use Yahoo and Alta Vista for searches.

I sure am learning a lot about Google though. Thanks guys for all the info.

I don't watch Jane Fonda Movies, I don't rent many movies of lefties, and I guess I won't do any google ads on my blog.

:)

FAR.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home