Daily Wisdom

May 16, 2005

Psalm 23 -- With A Twist

Special Thanks to Mack for the following. I modified it just slightly (hope you don't mind Mack). From the viewpoint of a sheep....

Psalm 23
The Lord is my Shepherd...
That's Protection.
I shall not want...
That's Fulfillment.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures...
That's Rest.
He leadeth me beside the still waters...
That's Peace.
He restoreth my soul...
That's Healing.
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness...
That's Guidance.
For His name sake...
That's Purpose.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...
That's Testing.
I will fear no evil...
That's Security.
For Thou art with me...
That's Faithfulness.
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me...
That's Discipline.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies...
That's Vindication.
Thou annointest my head with oil...
That's Consecration.
My cup runneth over...
That's Abundance.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life...
That's Blessing.
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord...
That's Hope.
Forever...
That's Eternity.

4 Comments:

At 5/16/2005 8:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so you will dwell in the land, and enjoy security.
4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.
6 He will bring forth your vindication as the light, and your right as the noonday.

--Psalm 37

 
At 5/17/2005 1:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 23; the most beautiful song ever written, in my opinion.

 
At 5/17/2005 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words and interlinear comments worth remembering here. This thread of wisdom goes into my files. Thanks.

 
At 5/18/2005 8:36 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

SGT USMC 1ea,
Do I translate correctly?

Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas ==

Often tested, always faithful, a brother forever?

I would appreciate your tweaking of my fractured Latin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home