Daily Wisdom

April 14, 2005

Who's Carping Now?

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has been reviewing Stephen L. Johnson, President Bush's nominee to head the Environmental Protection Agency. The final vote of the committee on Wednesday was an almost unanimous 17 to 1. The only dissenting voice was that of Senator Thomas R. Carper (D-DE).

Despite the overwhelming approval vote, the Senate hearings have been no cake-walk for Mr. Johnson. Last week, Johnson was "raked over the coals" by Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Bill Nelson (D-FL). Senator Carper has even suggested that he might try to block Johnson's confirmation by the full Senate.

Apparently, Carper has submitted a request for details of Johnson's anti-pollution proposals showing how they would differ from those of the Administration. Stephen Johnson reportedly told Carper, "I'll get right on that. You can be sure that the first thing I do when I get to the EPA will be to oppose every one of President Bush's proposals. Mine will be much better... you'll see."

President Bush is planning on releasing the name of his new nominee to head the EPA next Monday.

8 Comments:

At 4/14/2005 1:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. Ha. Ha. You just think you're so FUNNY, don't you. Well, listen up buddy... I CARE about trees and birds and air and water. I WANT a million deer running rampant all over the highways where they can be killed by cars instead of by chemicals. I want to save that rare species of minnows in that drainage ditch over there. I.... oh the heck with it.

 
At 4/14/2005 1:05 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Thanks for stopping by Mr. Carper... come back soon.

 
At 4/14/2005 8:17 PM , Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

Just flippin' through, and I end up here. One of the best blogs I've seen so far. I'll be checking in. Good job and God bless!

 
At 4/14/2005 9:25 PM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

Methinks 'tom carper (d-de) @ 1.04 p.m. must work for an auto insurance agency. (don't know the latest stats for MI and frankly too lazy to look them up, but there's a WHOLE LOT A DEER hit in this state every year that makes a WHOLE LOT A MONEY for somebody (hmmmmm......thinking)....

 
At 4/14/2005 10:07 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Welcome Marc with a "C". Thanks for the good words. Happy to have 'ya... Now if I could just figure out how to get a photo in this thing like yours. Any ideas?

 
At 4/14/2005 10:30 PM , Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

Mine is an uplink in my profile section. Go in to edit your profile, and there should be a space to put in an url. As long as you have an image hosted somewhere, you should be able to link it there. Also check out the help section from your dashboard, and you should be able to find other ways to host images. BTW, I like your style of humor, you listen to Glenn Beck by chance?

 
At 4/14/2005 10:39 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Marc,

No, I don't know Glenn Beck, but I've heard of him. My mentor is Scott Ott at Scrappleface.com

He's the best satirist I've found so far. Conservative Christian too.

 
At 4/14/2005 10:41 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

margeinmi,
Thinking about the insurance racket... err, business... are ye?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home