Daily Wisdom

April 18, 2005

Tell Me You're Not Sirius

As if we haven't had enough of Martha Stewart lately, now you can pay to get more. The Homemaking Diva has just signed a deal with Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. for her own 24-hour channel featuring cooking and gardening shows, as well entertainment programs for women.

"I'm very excited about this," said Stewart. Martha intends to expand on the 90-second spots she previously did on the radio called "Ask Martha". Rumor has it that the new shows will be even more boring than the 90-second spots, and Martha will continue to dispense more useless drivel along the lines of the following...

"If you find yourself choking on an ice cube, what can a smart homemaker like you do? Well, most people just wait for the ice cube to melt, but to speed up the process you can pour boiling water down your throat."

10 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I heard that!

 
At 4/18/2005 7:50 PM , Blogger Beerme said...

I'm sure Howard will enjoy the company...

 
At 4/18/2005 8:12 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Yeah, Martha will be there between Howard on the left, and Rush on the right. That's a sandwich I have no interest in.

 
At 4/18/2005 8:20 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

jeanne,
I guess some people are doin' it, but not nearly enough. Neither Sirius, nor XM Satellite Radio are making any money.... Go figure.

 
At 4/18/2005 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if this radio gig takes off, Martha may get an offer from algore in his new television adventure to twist teens.

 
At 4/18/2005 9:35 PM , Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

I've got XM, and I actually really like it. Of course, I don't have a TV, so it's sort of like my way of getting cable.

 
At 4/18/2005 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to be invited to a blogg opening. I don't know how to bring the wine though. Being conservative I can't brign the Whine, so I guess I will just have to behave myself.

 
At 4/18/2005 11:16 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Marc with a "c",
Nothin' against XM. Don't really know what it's like. I have too many hobbies and toys now for my wife to let me have another. Enjoy it if ya got it.

 
At 4/18/2005 11:17 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Mack,
Great to hear from ya. Glad you could visit. Stop by again soon, OK?

 
At 4/19/2005 12:18 AM , Blogger camojack said...

Now, now...she may be annoying, but she's paid her debt to society. Just don't tune in...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home