Daily Wisdom

April 14, 2005

South African Nurses Want To Be Bloggers

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- Nurses in South Africa are wearing pajamas and nighties around the hospital these days. Representatives of the nurses union (the Democratic Nurses Organization of South Africa) said that uniform allowances were so low, that nurses could only afford to work in pajamas.

Once the shop steward of the D.N.O.S.A. found out that pajamas are the official uniform of the blogger, a poll was taken amongst the rank and file to get their opinion. The results of the poll found that 3 out of 4 nurses would prefer to be bloggers and stay in their pajamas. Only 1 in 4 wanted higher allowances to pay for nursing uniforms.

Scott Ott of Scrappleface blogger fame could not be reached for comment.

6 Comments:

At 4/14/2005 9:21 PM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

After having to wear steel toed boots, bib overalls, Carhardts (sorry can't do the trademark thingy) and sheepskin hard hat liners, I prefer my current 'uniform' of choice....


P.J.s!!!!!!

Long live the pajamahadeehn! (sp?)

 
At 4/14/2005 10:02 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hi marge... Good to hear from 'ya.

Wow, were you a steel worker or something? I'm impressed. You have better clothes than I ever had!

 
At 4/14/2005 11:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a blogger who wants to be a South African nurse.

I'm especially interested in the "shoe allowance".

Imelda M

 
At 4/15/2005 12:47 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Imelda M,
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think you can afford many pairs of shoes for $9.00

 
At 4/15/2005 9:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wearing the official outfit of the "pajamahadeen" as I type this. Those S. African nurses are just "wannabes".

 
At 4/19/2005 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you made this one up...can you picture me walking around Symrise in my PJ's and I am sure my "uniform allowance" is much less then theirs...it's 0

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home